About Wayfind Creative
Powered by Depot, Wayfind Creative is an exciting programme for creatives who are looking to take control of their careers and create a financially viable, sustainable and deeply rewarding career. Our free 9-month programme helps and supports Tāmaki Makauru Auckland creatives to build thriving creative careers. We won’t teach you how to be creative — you already have that! Our team of creative career experts help you build the momentum you need to launch or support your creative career. We provide you with the essential non-creative skills you need to thrive, not just survive. We provide access to industry experts across a number of areas including business planning, marketing, social media, fundraising, contracts, budgeting and finance.
We empower you to become a more experienced problem solver, capable of directing the course of your own life so you can build a sustainable future.
We also help you build and join a creative community who get it – and get you! We are here to share our knowledge, our networks, experience and the resources that help you carve a realistic pathway towards your career goals.
Supported by the Ministry of Culture and Heritage (MCH) and the Ministry of Social Development (MSD)
- You are a creatively driven human being who’s committed to working hard.
- You show a demonstrated commitment to your creative practice and have been actively creating/sharing work
- You have industry experience, or a tertiary qualification (or both).
- You’re seeking ongoing employment in the creative sector.
- You’ve lost employment/self-employment income due to Covid-19.
- You’re looking for support to develop business/marketing/other skills to develop a sustainable career in the creative sector.
- You may/may not be receiving Work and Income payments – full or supplementary benefit.
- You are between the ages of 18-64 years.
- You live in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland.
- Develop a personal plan that suits you, that will supercharge your creative project or lifelong creative goals!
- Jump on board a series of expertly designed workshops covering practical essentials of running a creative business.
- Be supported with expert ‘Start up’ business support.
- Learn how to expand your reach through social media.
- Get the down low on how to successfully apply for funding or grants.
- Have the opportunity to connect with mentors and professionals in your creative industry.
- Share your journey with likeminded individuals and have the opportunity to form your own creative networks.
- Make the most of peer-to peer support.
- Have the opportunity to promote your Mahi!
- Leave with a solid way forward and a plan to hit the ground running!
When you engage with Wayfind Creative, YOU lead the way. You decide what level of support suits you best. We take your needs and match it with our 25 years of experience working in this sector to strengthen your foundations, explore new paths, and create a better creative future for you!
“Wayfind Creative has been incredible for me to find the tools, knowledge and support for this stage of my career.”
“What sort of business structure should I be doing? What should I be doing about my taxes?
These sorts of questions can be really intimidating as a creative but Wayfind Creative really helped me answer those questions.”
“The vision, mission and goalsetting workshops are very helpful.”
“I just couldn’t believe how informative it was… and I really do recommend it to anyone, whether you are established or not.”
“This series of courses really help you to speak about your work, which, rather than staying in your head, actually becomes a reality.”
“There is so much great advice”
“…learning the business tools that us creatives never actually got to learn at art school.”
“I get to network and do a lot of really cool stuff here”
“It keeps me fueled up”
“It’s a good platform to expand the knowledge around the whole creative ecology”