Wayfind Creative is an exciting no-cost, high-value programme for creatives who are looking to take…
One of New Zealand’s most established and longest running Creative Career and Employment Services, DEPOT’s ArtsLab has been delivering professional development and career guidance services for creatives for nearly 20 years.
Working with Work and Income clients who receive the job seekers benefit, ArtsLab, previously known as PACE (Pathways to Arts and Cultural Employment), is the DEPOT’s flagship creative employment programme and has supported thousands of creatives into employment over the years.
The programme offers a range of services including career guidance, job seeking advice, mentoring support and professional development workshops, with the outcomes of employment, self-sustainability and a more resilient creative economy.
Industry Liaison, DEPOT ArtsLab Employment Programme
DEPOT is looking for a special person to join our team. We are looking for a strong communicator who has existing relationships or can build strong networks with industry partners in the creative sector.
The Industry Liaison will work in a collaborative, caring and driven team. You will bring your own personality and connections to the role and value the supportive and dynamic work environment. You will follow employment trends and identify opportunities; developing industry specific events and engagement opportunities; maintaining and growing industry contacts and mentors as well as supporting the wider team in the overall development and delivery of the ArtsLab programme.
Professional Skills Required
- Knowledge of the creative and/or employment sector with the ability to develop a strategy and plan and execute it to increase employment outcomes for ArtsLab clients.
- Networking experience: A proven track record of bringing people together and developing events that are interesting and engaging.
- Relationship building and maintenance: A proven track record of developing professional relationships with businesses and individuals and creating long lasting relationships.
- Professional networks: Either an established network of creative employers and industry professionals or the ability to get create strong networks of employers and industry leaders.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel and Teams to a high standard as well as the ability to use core CRM systems.
- Time management; ability to work to deadlines with strong outcomes and effective time management.
- Clear communication with clients and partners and other team members to ensure effective and efficient workflow.
- Cultural competency and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Strong administration skills and careful planning are essential to ensure seamless workflow.
- Strong team player
Personal Skills Required
- A high standard of communication; both oral and written with timely and engaged responses.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to work with a diverse range of clients in sometimes challenging situations.
- A strong rapport with people, both clients and industry partners; facilitating mutually beneficial exchanges that benefit the professional development of creatives.
- A broad understanding of the creative and business sectors with the ability to help clients bridge the gap between the two.
- A collaborative ethos which resonates with the Depot’s inclusive and learning work environment.
- A strong self-starter, motivated to deliver to a high standard who can operate well without instruction.
- Sound judgement, initiative, and independence that leads to exemplary outcomes for our clients and the future development of the ArtsLab programme.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills that allows for effective and efficient workflow.
- Strong IT skills and the ability to navigate and contribute to CRM databases and repositories regularly used by the ArtsLab team.
The position is part time, 15-hours a week, based in Devonport.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter telling us why you consider you are the person for this position to email@example.com
Application closing date: Friday 20 October 2023