We are looking for an empathetic and energetic Creative Employment Consultant to work with our team to deliver our unique professional development and career pathway programme, Artslab.
DEPOT Artspace is open for proposals! We are looking for a range of creative projects for our 2024 exhibition programme.
Our goal is to ensure that art and creativity make a vital contribution to our culture, our communities and our economy. We support independent artists and creatives to connect, collaborate, grow, learn and succeed.
DEPOT’s exhibition programme aims to include projects that meaningfully contribute to the cultural fabric of Aotearoa and includes artists, curators and creatives of all kinds. This includes multidisciplinary, solo and group exhibitions and working with emerging through to established artists. Proposals could include cross-cultural engagement through traditional and contemporary art forms, experimental art practices, and community artwork—all of which should contribute to the diverse art community within Aotearoa.
DEPOT is a not-for-profit organisation and our funding is limited; we encourage artists with projects requiring funding to apply to external funding bodies, such as CNZ, Auckland Council, Foundation North, and Asia New Zealand Foundation. Gallery staff will be able to provide support and offer guidance to artists pursuing external funding.
In 2024 we will only be using DEPOT’s Central Gallery space to hold exhibitions—we will not be taking proposals for the Street Front Gallery.
How to apply:
Please submit your artist CV and application as a single PDF file, and a project proposal.
A project proposal (500-1000 words)
- Project idea and background research or thinking behind the project.
- How this work relates to your wider art practice.
- Installation and layout ideas. You can download the gallery floor plan here.
- A maximum of 6 images or samples of previous work or works in progress that are being made for the proposed project. You can also include links to artist websites, reviews, video or audio works.
- Why this project is relevant or can contribute to the local Te Hau Kapua – Devonport area and wider Tāmaki Makaurau community.
- Any public programmes or workshops that you would like to host alongside your exhibition.
- A brief biography for each exhibiting artist.
What we offer:
- Curatorial assistance and guidance to develop your exhibition
- On-site technical assistance for installation and de-installation of your exhibition
- Inclusion in DEPOT’s marketing and publicity
- An opening event hosted at the gallery
- Funding application support
- Public programme support
- In-house design and production of exhibition materials
- The opportunity to sell your artwork with a gallery commission of 30%
Please send your applications via email to email@example.com
Please write your subject line using the following format: Firstname Surname Depot Proposal 2023
PROPOSALS ARE DUE: 11:59pm, Sunday 10 December. You will be notified of the outcome of your proposal by Monday 18 December.