DEPOT Artspace is open for proposals! We are looking for a range of creative projects for our 2024 exhibition programme.
Applications are now open to emerging and established artists, groups, and collectives wishing to exhibit at Depot Artspace in 2023!
We are seeking proposals that are visually and conceptually engaging, accessible, and that take the local and historic context of Aotearoa into account.
We have two gallery spaces at 28 Clarence Street offering both larger and smaller exhibition opportunities; the Central Gallery Space and Street Front Gallery (pictured above and below).
If you are interested in exhibiting with us please include the below in your proposal, and save as either a word or PDF document. Please email your proposal to email@example.com by midnight 31st October 2022.
What to include in your proposal:
- A written description of the exhibition you are proposing, 2 paragraphs min. – 2 pages max.
- An artist bio or CV about yourself and any others involved in the proposed exhibition
- Up to 4 supporting images of previous works per artist, and any working images or plans on proposed work.
- Any other relevant documentation included as a URL in your PDF (e.g. reviews, links to websites or previous exhibition documentation). Please do not email these separately.
- Include contact details for yourself and others involved in the project.
- Whether you will be seeking project funding to support your proposed exhibition.
- If there are any months in 2023 when you will be unavailable or exhibiting elsewhere, please make a note of this in your proposal.
If a written proposal does not meet your accessibility needs, please email us or call the gallery to discuss alternative submission options.
If you have any questions which are not answered in the above instructions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our gallery team will assess all exhibition proposals and get back to you by November 30th.
Depot Artspace is a gallery with a commitment to nurturing creatives and equitable outcomes in the arts. We aim to reflect the diverse nature of Tāmaki Makaurau by exhibiting a wide range of media and artists of various backgrounds.
If selected, you will receive curatorial assistance and guidance during the development of your exhibition; on-site technical assistance during installation, copy-writing and promotion of your exhibition across our networks, support with funding applications and event hosting on a case-by-case basis, and the opportunity to sell your artwork.