DEPOT Sound are proud to present a collaborative and hands-on workshop designed for emerging songwriters seeking to elevate their craft and career in music.
We are looking for a new Promotions and Media Coordinator to join the team at the Depot Artspace.
The Depot Artspace is a dynamic creative community working in a continually changing environment. It is widely responsive to the environment and offers services, programmes and facilities that span the spectrum of disciplines, needs and interests.
Are you an astute and inquiring lateral thinker who enjoys variety and challenge in their work? Would you value working with a small, diverse high energy team to develop and implement a marketing and promotions strategy that communicates the breadth of the Depot’s creative initiatives, projects and services and recognises the wider arts and social environment? Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in a media or promotions role within the arts or publishing areas. If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Key aspects of this role are:
- Creation of ‘engaging point of difference’ media that links Depot events and programmes with the cultural, creative and social issues taking place in Auckland
- Source appropriate opportunities for media placement
- Development of a cohesive media strategy that communicates the distinctive place of the Depot Artspace in Auckland
- Great organisational skills coupled with initiative and innovation.
- Relationship building engagement with existing and new audiences
This is a full time position (30 hours/wk) with negotiable days of work for a fixed six month contract.
Qualities, skills and attributes required for the position:
- warm, outgoing and interested in participating in The Depot’s creative activities
- excellent writing skills
- well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- high level of organisation and administration
- able to work collaboratively and independently
- ability to display sound judgment and show initiative
- social media, website and CMS savvy
- proven experience in marketing and media
- media relationship building skills
- Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
To apply please first request a Position Description from firstname.lastname@example.org and then apply with your CV and cover letter.